PILLAR Performance (or 'PILLAR' for short) is an Australian founded nutraceutical start-up, launched in July 2021 with a range of globally leading micronutritional products targeted at athletic performance.
At PILLAR we innovate products that bridge the gap between pharmaceutical intervention and sports supplements. Since launch into the market in June 2021, PILLAR products are now used by over 75 professional sporting franchises, Olympic programs, Tour de France cyclists and a growing majority of elite endurance athletes globally. The products are sold via both direct, retail and distribution agreements throughout the world.
The business is funded and backed by leading Aussie and US consumer VCs and angels who have had success across household brand names within the consumer and performance sectors including; Athletic Greens (AG1), WHOOP, Maurten and Swisse.
We’re not your typical start-up, and don’t want typical candidates either. We are forging a new path in performance endurance and need out-of-the-box thinkers who are high energy, passionate and keen to be part of building something extraordinary.
About this Role
In 2023, PILLAR launched internationally with highly successful opening months in the USA and Europe.
We are seeking a Head of Finance to join our team and oversee our finance function. This is a great opportunity for someone who has foundational experience and is looking to continue to develop their skills in the hope of developing into a high performing growth CFO. In this role you’ll be required to work at all levels - assisting in strategic planning and capital raising, while continuing to execute and build processes within the day-to-day financial function. If you are looking for a challenge like this, we’d love to hear from you!
What our Head of Finance will do
- Work directly with the Founder and CEO preparing forecasts and financial modeling for strategic discussions, growth and future capital raises.
- Analyse and provide insights on big picture improvements, identify, and alert warning signs across all key financial measurement factors.
- Oversee finance team (currently one), providing direction and support as required.
- Oversee, co-ordinate and prepare the month-end close process including p&l, balance sheet and cashflow.
- Support the monthly reconciliation of the balance sheet.
- Support the month end journals as required to ensure that all provisions, accruals, prepayments and consolidation adjustments are accounted for.
- Prepare monthly and quarterly performance and covenant reporting to external stakeholders.
- Oversee the management of inventory, stock management and associated systems, including the development and implementation of system improvements.
- Analyse and improve current practices including the implementation of new processes to improve efficiency and reporting, and implement new internal and technical systems where required.
- Support, and lead where possible, managing the annual statutory audit
- Complete FBT workings, assist in preparing of income tax returns and review of monthly GST/BAS returns.
- Liaise with external accountants in other regions with respect to tax related queries.
- Aid in the implementation of, and providing technical support for, any relevant accounting standards.
What are we looking for in our Head of Finance:
- A hungry, high energy team player!
- CA qualified with a tertiary qualification in accounting and finance having 2+ years’ experience in a similar industry (CPG or inventory-based favourable)
- Demonstrated success in developing staff to achieve both individual and departmental goals
- Proven IFRS financial reporting experience and sound technical accounting skills
- Advanced Excel skills with the ability to manipulate data and work with technical staff to ensure the integrity of financial information
- Experience with cloud-based ERP systems
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to set priorities to meet critical deadlines
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills at all levels in business.
Your First 90 Days
What success looks like over your first 90 days
- Onboard and gather a deep understanding of our existing financials, systems and processes.
- Work with the leadership team to rebuild our financial model - P&L, Cashflow, Balance sheet to improve rolling budgeting and reporting.
- Collaborate with our Head of Operations & Head of Sales to build and implement a inventory forecasting process
- Full time WFH policy with regular company meet-ups.
- Super collaborative environment.
- You enjoy endurance sports, I hear? Free micronutrition coming at you!
Please send resumes with cover letter to email@example.com